Thursday, March 5, 2009

Review: Neutrogena Skin Soothing Eye Tints





I am very much in love with my UDPP (Urban Decay Primer Potion) but not having a job means i don't have $16.00 to be shelling out for a makeup product. So i have been on a journey ti find a replacement primer for my eye shadows. Recently on one of my trips to target i found the Neutrogena Skin Soothing Eye Tints. I was at first surprised at the fact that Neutrogena had a primer but nonetheless I was willing to try it out. So my older sister Seba brought it for me (thanks sebie!) it was about $7.00 for a 0.17 oz / 4.82 g jar.





This product promises 3 things.

-Brighten the eye area
-stops eye shadow from creasing and fading
-soothes puffy eyes






I got this in 02 petal shimmer. I think it only comes in 2 colors. Its looks like a very light peach color and dries to a shimmery white color on my skin. the consistency of it is very good, sorta oily i think it smooths on very easily. And a little goes a long way with this.










It has a light scent to it like flowers nothing too strong. It also has like a tingling feeling much like lip balm except on the eyes. THIS FEELING IS NOT GOOD FOR SENSITIVE EYES. it felt weird like icy hot for me. I didn't see the point of it if you have puffy eyes usually its the bottom not the lids so that's a fail. One thing I didn't understand is that having that medicated feeling means vapors so if you put the primer under your eyes it makes them water...As for brightening up the eye area that didn't work either. -_-

This is the look i did:




(yesterday's L.O.T.D)

As far as the primer goes its OK. My shadows did become brighter, and stayed bright all day. But after about 5 hours the shadow started creasing. the creasing wasn't so bad just a little. And all i was doing was sitting around the house! so if you are going to a dinner or wearing the shadows for only a short time that's what this would be good for.

6 pm



10 pm




so out of the three things its supposed to do it failed at them all.
It did not brighten my eyes. It didn't soothe my puffy eyes. And it did not stop my shadows from creasing.

would i buy this product again? probably not

score: 2/5


**have you tried this product? let me know what you thought of it!**

No comments:

Post a Comment